Tuesday, January 22

Barack vs. HillBillary

Obama: "I was helping unemployed workers on the streets of Chicago when you were a corporate lawyer sitting on the board at Wal-Mart."

Clinton: "I was fighting against misguided Republican policies when you were practicing law and representing your contributor ... in his slum landlord business in inner city Chicago."

Obama: "You and President Clinton are distorting my record. Your husband..."

Clinton: "I'm here. He's not."

Obama: "Well, I can't tell who I'm running against sometimes..."

Actually, your husband is there. Unlike the rest of the couples, whose spouses don't give them an extra advantage, (well maybe except for Laura Bush. I think she helped her husband's campaign quite a bit) Hillary is running with a former President.

I also have a dream, that someday a man will run for President riding on his wife's coattails.

3 comments:

  1. Thought you might find this interesting:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/25/opinion/25fri1.html?ex=1201928400&en=8c04e39a30b0e5d9&ei=5070&emc=eta1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points to think about when appraising Obama...

    I don't agree with their bit about McCain, however. If you're going to call Romney a "shape-shifter" then you need to call McCain that as well. He (along with Giuliani & Huckabee) has done it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments that are not offensive, snide, or off-topic enough may be subject to moderation.